Recipe by Bbabi
The perfect comfort food on a cold day. Great and yummy. Takes a little while to make but is well worth the wait.
Top Review by roncraven
This really sounds like a great recipe, but at this time it doesn't seem to be complete. I could find no mention of cook time or oven temperature. The time mentioned at the top indicates that cook time is 2 hours. This seems like a long time since the vegetables are alredy cooked. I also wonder about wrapping the crust's edge with foil. The other reviewers didn't seem to have a problem, so maybe part of the recipe has been deleted. Either that or my ex-wife is right. I'm an idiot! LOL!! I look forward to fixing this, so any help will be appreciated.
- 2 (9 ounce) refrigerated pie crusts
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pinch dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning (Tony Chachere's)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package chicken gravy mix
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 rotisserie-cooked chicken (seperated into small pieces)
- 1 potato, diced and cooked (boiled until fork tender)
- 3 carrots, cut and cooked (steamed or boiled until fork tender)
- 1 (10 ounce) package sliced mushrooms (sauteed in olive oil)
- 1 (8 ounce) can green beans
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can sweet peas
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can corn
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté mushrooms in a little bit olive oil.
- Boil diced potato and boil carrots.
- Separate half of the rotisserie chicken into small pieces.
- Cook chicken gravy according to directions on package with using chicken stock instead of water.
- Sauté onions in olive oil about 2 minutes until tender and translucent then add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add flour, salt and pepper and seasonings, stir until well blended.
- Gradually whisk in gravy, remaining broth, and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and well thickened… Cook about 20 to 30 minutes on medium-low heat stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chicken potatoes, corn, green beans, peas, carrots and mushrooms until well mixed.
- Prepare pie crusts as directed on package for two-crust pie using 10 in pie pan… prick bottom of crust with fork and press the crust with fork all around the sides of the pan.
- Add small handful of cheese on top of the bottom crust.
- Remove from the heat and spoon mixture into crust-lined pan. Add another small handful of cheese to top of mixture.
- Top with the second crust: seal edges well and flute. Cut slits in top crust.