The perfect comfort food on a cold day. Great and yummy. Takes a little while to make but is well worth the wait.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (9 ounce) refrigerated pie crusts
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pinch dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning (Tony Chachere's)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package chicken gravy mix
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 rotisserie-cooked chicken (seperated into small pieces)
- 1 potato, diced and cooked (boiled until fork tender)
- 3 carrots, cut and cooked (steamed or boiled until fork tender)
- 1 (10 ounce) package sliced mushrooms (sauteed in olive oil)
- 1 (8 ounce) can green beans
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can sweet peas
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can corn
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1Sauté mushrooms in a little bit olive oil.
- 2Boil diced potato and boil carrots.
- 3Separate half of the rotisserie chicken into small pieces.
- 4Cook chicken gravy according to directions on package with using chicken stock instead of water.
- 5Sauté onions in olive oil about 2 minutes until tender and translucent then add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes over medium heat.
- 6Add flour, salt and pepper and seasonings, stir until well blended.
- 7Gradually whisk in gravy, remaining broth, and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and well thickened… Cook about 20 to 30 minutes on medium-low heat stirring occasionally.
- 8Stir in chicken potatoes, corn, green beans, peas, carrots and mushrooms until well mixed.
- 9Prepare pie crusts as directed on package for two-crust pie using 10 in pie pan… prick bottom of crust with fork and press the crust with fork all around the sides of the pan.
- 10Add small handful of cheese on top of the bottom crust.
- 11Remove from the heat and spoon mixture into crust-lined pan. Add another small handful of cheese to top of mixture.
- 12Top with the second crust: seal edges well and flute. Cut slits in top crust.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 976.0
- Calories from Fat 497
- Total Fat 55.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 57.7 mg
- Sodium 1807.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 32.3 g