1/1 Photo of Chicken Pot Pie
1 hr 15 mins
This is a combination of several recipes, trying to balance the joys of a full-fat pot pie with the nutritional demands of a low-fat lifestyle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 8 ounces carrots, chopped in 1/4-inch rounds
- 10 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 12 ounces frozen tiny peas
- 1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 3 cups skim milk
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Heat olive oil and butter in dutch oven. Add all vegetables but frozen peas and saute until slightly softened (5-10 minutes).
- 3Sprinkle flour across vegetables and saute over medium-low heat for another five minutes, stirring often.
- 4Add chicken broth and 3 cups skim milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until mixture is thickened (anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes).
- 5Remove from heat and stir in chopped chicken and frozen peas. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Transfer chicken mixture to a 13x9 casserole dish spritzed with cooking spray.
- 7Combine Bisquick, eggs and milk in small bowl. Stir until mixed, then pour across top of casserole.
- 8Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.1
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 64.5 mg
- Sodium 166.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 15.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat biscuit mix