Prep 45 mins
Cook 50 mins
A comforting dish. The mushrooms make it a little different. It's creamy, rich and it will blow your diet to H--- :)Do yourself a favor and make your own crust! This can be made ahead and cooked later.
- 2 (6 -8 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 russet potato, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium white onion (chopped)
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 pie crust
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt & pepper
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt & pepper on all sides.
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat and add the chicken. Fry for 6 minutes. Turn chicken over and cook until juices run clear when pierced with a knife about 2-6 minutes more. Add garlic the last couple of minutes. When cool cube into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Deglaze the pan with 1/4 cup of the chicken broth. In the same pan, add butter and saute onions, potatos and mushrooms, until the potatos are just tender, about 8-10 minutes. Do not over cook. You want the potatos cooked but not mushy.
- Add the flour and stir well for one minute.
- While stirring, slowly add the remaining chicken broth, then the cream, stir until thickened. If it gets too thick add a little more broth.
- Remove from heat and add peas and parsley, and cubed chicken.
- Taste, add salt and pepper if needed.
- Put mixture into a 9 inch pie plate.
- Top with Pie crust. Cut a shape in center and some small slits around the edges to let steam escape.
- I like to cut initials, or a little heart in the center :).
- Bake about 50 minutes, or until the crust is nicely brown and the bubbling.
- Serve with a nice side salad.
- Enjoy :).
- *If you have extra filling left you can freeze it. Later thaw and heat it. then put in in a cooked puffed pastry.