Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is Betty Crocker's chicken pot pie version with a couple minor adjustments. It's a great recipe! We gobble up this pie and frown a bit upon realizing the last slice is gone. Homemade crust sends this over the top...but use pre-made crusts if you'd like. Enjoy!
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml margarine
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml seasoning salt (like Season All)
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 1.23 ml fresh cracked black pepper
- 177.44 ml chicken broth
- 177.44 ml half-and-half cream
- 118.29 ml frozen peas
- 118.29 ml frozen corn
- 118.29 ml cooked potato
- 473.18 ml shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 standard pastry for double-crust pie
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Heat buttter in 3 quart saucepan over medium heat until melted; stir in flour and spices.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Carefully add chicken broth and half-n-half in a thin stream while stirring to incorporate.
- Stir constantly until thickened and beginning to bubble.
- Add vegetables and chicken. Mix. Remove from heat.
- Pour chicken mixture into bottom pie shell.
- Cover with top pie shell. Seal edges; prick steam holes.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until lightly browned and bubbly/steaming.
- Let stand a few minutes before cutting.
This is a delicious pie! I did add 3/4 cup of the vegetables instead of the 1/2 cup. I also used potatoes with the skins on. My whole family loved the pie! Thanks so much vivmom!