Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Still tweaking it
Make and share this Chicken Pot Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 2 chicken breasts
- seasoned salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup chicken base
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 small yellow onion, minced
- 1 cup frozen green pea, cooked
- 1 cup chopped cooked carrot
- 1 pinch fresh grated nutmeg (optional)
- Bisquick baking mix or pie crust
- Season chicken with seasoned salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute until cooked through. Remove from heat and cut into chunks. Alternatively, you may use precooked chicken.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and then slowly add flour, stirring until consistency of peanut butter, but not brown like a roux.
- Slowly add cream and keep stirring.
- Add chicken base, garlic, and onion and stir until thickened.
- Add peas, carrots, nutmeg, if using, and cut up chicken.
- Remove from heat.
- Fill baking dish with mixture, top with pie crust or bisquick mix.
- Bake 400 for 30 minutes.