Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
My family enjoys this recipe often. We really like it when the weather gets cool.
Make and share this Chicken Pot Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- 12 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Place chicken and vegetables in a 9x13 baking dish. Mix broth and soup; pour over chicken and vegetables. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter; add flour and milk. Stir. Mixture will be thick. Spread over chicken and vegetable mixture. Bake 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours or until crust is browned.
Our family has just devoured this tonight. YUM YUM AND MORE YUM. Quick to make - I microed the chicken til it was mostly cooked and it was so juicy tender. Because it was a wide dish I thought I needed to double the crust, and did so, but I realise it would have been fine just the way the recipe is written. Really easy and delicious. This is one of those recipes I will continue to make for years.
Who doesn't love a potpie, and this one is a dandy! So easy to put together, with a creamy sauce, tender chicken and veggies, and a rich buttery crust. The crust was kind of like a cross between a pie crust and a dumpling - very tasty. I don't like lima beans, which are always found in mixed vegetables, so I used peas-n-carrots, otherwise made exactly as directed - this is a keeper!