1 hr 30 mins
This is the best Chicken pot pie I've ever tasted! It takes time to prepare but well worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup red peppers or 1 cup green pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can canned corn niblets, drained
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup milk or 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1For Filling: In an oven going fry pan, cook mushrooms and peppers in 1 tbsp butter until tender.
- 2Take vegetables from pan.
- 3Melt remaining butter in fry pan; stir in flour and seasonings.
- 4Add chicken broth and milk; cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- 5Stir in chicken, vegetables and corn and lemon juice.
- 6Keep hot in fry pan or 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- 7Sage biscuit topping: Combine flour, baking powder, salt, sage and cumin in a mixing bowl.
- 8Cut shortening in until crumbly.
- 9Add milk and mix until all flour is moistened.
- 10Shape into a ball and turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
- 11Roll or pat into an 8 inch circle.
- 12Cut into 6 wedges. It is optional to mix together the cornsyrup and water and brush on the crust before baking if you prefer crust to be crispier.
- 13Place wedges on top of chicken mixture, bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes or until biscuit topping is done.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 591.0
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 86.7 mg
- Sodium 1418.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 28.4 g