Another cooking class recipe. The addition of zucchini, bacon and italian seasoning give this pot pie a different twist. This is so flavoraful. If you want to, try this dish over pasta instead of in pie crusts. The ingredient amounts for bacon and mushrooms are estimates.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 -4 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 10 ounces peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 4 deep dish pie shells, thawed
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning (or a combo of basil, oregano, garlic, sage and maybe thyme)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Melt butter over low heat and add the flour. Cook and stir briefly and blend in the chopped onion, salt and pepper. Cook until bubbly.
- 2Stir in the chicken broth and milk. Continue stirring constantly until the sauce is of medium texture (about 2-3 minutes).
- 3Stir in the chicken, bacon, vegetables and Italian Seasoning.
- 4Pour in the bottom of two pie crusts and top with cheeses.
- 5Place the top crusts over the top. Pinch the sides and slit the tops.
- 6Bake at 425 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- 7Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 635.3
- Calories from Fat 419
- Total Fat 46.6 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 95.2 mg
- Sodium 1138.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 22.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: