Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy to make chicken pot pie. Someone made this for my family when my grandmother passed away a few years ago. I liked it so much that I requested the recipe.
- 1 hen, boiled and chopped (or 1 pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, meat removed and chopped)
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and finely diced*
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- layer in a large baking or roasting dish:.
- chopped chicken.
- *potato (omit if frozen veg. mix contains potatoes).
- frozen veggies.
- heat and mix together the cream of celery soup and chicken broth. Pour over layers. Add herbs and spices to taste (salt, pepper, Greek seasoning, garlic powder, oregano, paprika, etc - use whatever you like!).
- Topping: mix the flour and milk with a whisk and pour over everything.
- melt and drizzle or lay pats of butter on top of the topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees uncoverd until bubbly and slightly browned.