Tatia #2's Note:
Easy to make chicken pot pie. Someone made this for my family when my grandmother passed away a few years ago. I liked it so much that I requested the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 hen, boiled and chopped (or 1 pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, meat removed and chopped)
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and finely diced*
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1layer in a large baking or roasting dish:.
- 2chopped chicken.
- 3*potato (omit if frozen veg. mix contains potatoes).
- 4frozen veggies.
- 5heat and mix together the cream of celery soup and chicken broth. Pour over layers. Add herbs and spices to taste (salt, pepper, Greek seasoning, garlic powder, oregano, paprika, etc - use whatever you like!).
- 6Topping: mix the flour and milk with a whisk and pour over everything.
- 7melt and drizzle or lay pats of butter on top of the topping.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees uncoverd until bubbly and slightly browned.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.9
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 83.4 mg
- Sodium 906.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 16.6 g