1/3 Photos of " Chicken Pot Pie"
April Fools Day "funny" dessert to make everyone giggle. This from a Kid friendly website....it does take a little bit of time to hand make the veggies but its oh so worth it!!! Makes 6 small pies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 (4 1/2 inch) aluminum foil, potpie tin
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (most 15-ounce packages contain 2 crusts, enough for 6 pies)
- 1 egg (makes enough for 6 pies)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes vanilla instant pudding mix (1 box makes enough for 3 pies, or use canned pudding) or 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes white chocolate pudding mix (1 box makes enough for 3 pies, or use canned pudding)
- 4 cups cold milk (to make pudding)
- 4 -6 starburst decorative candies (yellow)
- 10 -12 starburst decorative candies (orange)
- 3 -5 chewy Jolly Rancher candies (green, or Tootsie roll candy)
- 1 banana (makes enough for 6 pies)
- 2 -3 dried apple rings
- 1Heat the oven to 450°.
- 2Unroll or unfold a piecrust on work surface.
- 3Using the upside-down potpie tin as a guide, cut a circle of dough about 1/2 inch larger than the tin.
- 4If you're making more than one potpie, simply cut another circle from the dough. Reroll the scraps to cut out a third and repeat witht the other crust.
- 5Crumple a piece of aluminum foil into a 1 1/2-inch ball and set it in a potpie tin. Cover it with a layer of foil to create a smooth mound, then lay a circle of dough on top.
- 6Press the tines of a fork around the edge of the dough to crimp it, then use the fork to gently poke a few holes in the crust.
- 7Beat the egg with the water, then brush the mixture over the dough.
- 8Set the pie tin on a baking sheet a nd repeat for the other crusts.
- 9Bake the crusts for about 10 minutes.
- 10Let cool completely.
- 11Prepare the pudding and milk according to the package directions.
- 12Refrigerate until serving time.
- 13Place the Starburst or Tootsie Roll candies unwrapped on a paper plate and warm them in the microwave just until they're slightly softened, about 12 to 15 seconds, (the Jolly Rancher candies will soften from the warmth of your hands.)
- 14Once you've shaped them, lay the candies on waxed paper or a paper plate, set apart from each other so they won't stick together.
- 15Corn kernels: Roll the yellow candy between your hands or on a clean work surface to create a 4-inch-long rope, then use kitchen shears or a sharp knife to cut the rope into 1/4-inch pieces.
- 16With your fingers, form each piece into a kernel by flattening one end and pinching the other.
- 17Chicken: Use kitchen shears or a knife to cut the apple rings into 1/2-inch-wide pieces.
- 18Peas: Roll the green candy into a 5-inch-long rope. Cut the rope into 1/4-inch pieces, then roll each piece into a ball.
- 19Potatoes: Peel the banana, slice off three 1/4-inch-thick pieces, then cut each piece into small cubes.
- 20Cubed carrots: Cut each orange candy into 4 squares.
- 21To assemble the pie just before serving time, spoon about 2/3 cup of the pudding into the each pie tin.
- 22Add the candies and the fruit to the pudding, then set the piecrust on top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for " Chicken Pot Pie"
Serving Size: 1 (1560 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.0
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 676.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 34.5 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Jolly Rancher candies