Culinary Inspiration's Note:
This is an excellent gluten and dairy free dish that is easy to make and can be frozen and reheated.
My Private Note
8 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium onions (chopped)
- 3 large carrots (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms (chopped)
- 3 celery ribs (chopped)
- 3 yukon gold potatoes (chopped)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cooked chicken (chopped)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cups oat milk, oats are not gluten free
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1For the filling in large pan over medium-high heat combine onions, carrots, mushrooms, celery, potatoes, peas, and olive oil. Cook until tender about 10 minutes.
- 2While Vegetable mixture is cooking combine cornstarch and 1 cup oat milk and stir until smooth. Add dijon and worcestershire sauce and stir until smooth.
- 3Add chopped chicken and chicken broth to vegetables and bring to boil.
- 4Add cornstarch mixture and simmer stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- 5For topping combine flour, 1 Teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and mix in 3/4 cup oatmilk, and 1/2 cup canola oil. Mix well adding flour as needed just until not sticky.
- 6Roll out topping to 1/4 thickness.
- 7Place filling into pie pan(s) and cover with topping.
- 8Cook 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- 9Allow to cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.0
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 26.2 mg
- Sodium 428.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: