Recipe by Culinary Inspiration
This is an excellent gluten and dairy free dish that is easy to make and can be frozen and reheated.
- 2 medium onions (chopped)
- 3 large carrots (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms (chopped)
- 3 celery ribs (chopped)
- 3 yukon gold potatoes (chopped)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cooked chicken (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 3⁄4 cups oat milk, oats are not gluten free
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- For the filling in large pan over medium-high heat combine onions, carrots, mushrooms, celery, potatoes, peas, and olive oil. Cook until tender about 10 minutes.
- While Vegetable mixture is cooking combine cornstarch and 1 cup oat milk and stir until smooth. Add dijon and worcestershire sauce and stir until smooth.
- Add chopped chicken and chicken broth to vegetables and bring to boil.
- Add cornstarch mixture and simmer stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- For topping combine flour, 1 Teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and mix in 3/4 cup oatmilk, and 1/2 cup canola oil. Mix well adding flour as needed just until not sticky.
- Roll out topping to 1/4 thickness.
- Place filling into pie pan(s) and cover with topping.
- Cook 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool at least 15 minutes before serving.