Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an excellent gluten and dairy free dish that is easy to make and can be frozen and reheated.
- 2 medium onions (chopped)
- 3 large carrots (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms (chopped)
- 3 celery ribs (chopped)
- 3 yukon gold potatoes (chopped)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cooked chicken (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 3⁄4 cups oat milk, oats are not gluten free
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- For the filling in large pan over medium-high heat combine onions, carrots, mushrooms, celery, potatoes, peas, and olive oil. Cook until tender about 10 minutes.
- While Vegetable mixture is cooking combine cornstarch and 1 cup oat milk and stir until smooth. Add dijon and worcestershire sauce and stir until smooth.
- Add chopped chicken and chicken broth to vegetables and bring to boil.
- Add cornstarch mixture and simmer stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- For topping combine flour, 1 Teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and mix in 3/4 cup oatmilk, and 1/2 cup canola oil. Mix well adding flour as needed just until not sticky.
- Roll out topping to 1/4 thickness.
- Place filling into pie pan(s) and cover with topping.
- Cook 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool at least 15 minutes before serving.