Recipe by lazy gourmet
This actually was adapted from a 1912 cookbook I found...the recipe was incredibly complicated...I was almost expecting to see "pluck the chicken" as one of the steps! This is my lazy version - and it's so easy and tasty!
Top Review by cgmonster
Very good. Next time I will zap the potatoes in the micro for a short time and add some more seasonings. Even though we chopped the potatoes nice and small they were a little underdone. We still enjoyed it as it was and will keep the recipe and improvise with it.
- 2 frozen 9-inch deep dish pie shells
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can canned chicken
- 1 (5 ounce) can canned chicken
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup potato, peeled and diced into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Defrost pie crusts, poke holes in bottom and sides of one.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place chicken, carrots, peas, potato and onion in bottom crust.
- Make the sauce- melt the butter, then add the flour and blend thoroughly.
- Slowly add the broth, salt and pepper and blend until mixture thickens.
- Pour over the chicken mixture in the crust and seal with the top crust.
- Use a sharp knife to make a couple of slits in the top.
- Bake at 425 for 25-30 minutes.
- If crust gets too dark cover with foil.