lazy gourmet's Note:
This actually was adapted from a 1912 cookbook I found...the recipe was incredibly complicated...I was almost expecting to see "pluck the chicken" as one of the steps! This is my lazy version - and it's so easy and tasty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 frozen 9-inch deep dish pie shells
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can canned chicken
- 1 (5 ounce) can canned chicken
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup potato, peeled and diced into small pieces
- 1/4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1Defrost pie crusts, poke holes in bottom and sides of one.
- 2Preheat oven to 425.
- 3Place chicken, carrots, peas, potato and onion in bottom crust.
- 4Make the sauce- melt the butter, then add the flour and blend thoroughly.
- 5Slowly add the broth, salt and pepper and blend until mixture thickens.
- 6Pour over the chicken mixture in the crust and seal with the top crust.
- 7Use a sharp knife to make a couple of slits in the top.
- 8Bake at 425 for 25-30 minutes.
- 9If crust gets too dark cover with foil.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 766.3
- Calories from Fat 377
- Total Fat 41.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 99.8 mg
- Sodium 2016.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 37.1 g