Recipe by DaHomeCooker
A variation on chicken pot pie. Great cool weather comfort food. A scratch recipe--my own creation.
- 1 chicken breast (cooked, diced)
- 1 cup carrot (cooked diced)
- 1⁄2 cup corn (cooked)
- 1⁄2 cup peas (cooked)
- 1⁄2 cup green beans (cooked, diced)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups flour
- 6 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Filling preparation- In a large pot add 2c milk and 5 tbs flour and whisk until smooth.
- Add oil.
- Put on medium heat and stir constantly with Whisk until thickened.
- Add chicken, vegetables, and spices.
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes while preparing biscuit dough.
- Biscuit preparation: Preheat oven to 450°.
- In a mixing bowl combine 2 cups flour, baking powder 1 tsp salt and shortening until it is a crumb texture.
- Add milk and work to make basic biscuit dough.
- Put filling in an 8 cup casserole.
- Roll out dough to shape/ size of casserole, dough should just fit inside top.
- Deep score dough into six equal parts.
- Place casserole in oven on foil for 20 minutes (will bubble over).