Recipe by katie in the UP
Recipe taken from the Shape magazine.
Top Review by Auntie Jan
I thought this was a really tasty dish. We cooked the chicken and carrot ahead of time like Toni suggested but the prep time was alot longer than I thought it would be. I thought the carrots were fine but everyone else wanted them a little bit softer. I also used spinach as that was the only thing I had on hand but I know that wouldn't have changed the flavor any. I really enjoyed this and it was quite different than what we usually have. Will make again. Thanks for posting this.
- 2 yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1 inch strips
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 leek, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 12 baby carrots
- 1 cup mushroom, fresh and sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fines herbes
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups swiss chard, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 435 degrees.
- Spray potatoes with olive oil spray; and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer potatoes to a baking sheet and roast 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, salt and pepper both sides of chicken. spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over high heat. Add chicken and sear 1 minute per side. Add leek, carrots, mushrooms, garlic and herbs; cook 1 minute. Add wine and simmer 1 minute, until liquid reduces to 1/4 cup. Add broth and simmer 5 minutes. Add chard to one side of pan and simmer 1 minute, until chicken is cooked through and greens are wilted.
- To serve, place chard in the bottom of 4 bowls. Slice chicken into 5 pieces each and arrange atop chard. Put potatoes and remaining vegetables around chicken and ladle remaining broth on top.