Recipe by pamela t.
From Womans Day and tweaked by me. Love the ease of the recipe and how you can make the garnishes do the flavor enhancement. Great for cold nights.
Top Review by Michelle Berteig
Easy to put together and delicious! I was surprised that the recipe had no chicken broth in it, but there was enough liquid from the other ingredients to make a a stew-like consistency. I used a 10 oz. can of Rotel, and 3 chicken thighs and 3 chicken legs. A bit spicy, but just the right amount. This is a keeper! Made for the Dining Daredevils for ZWT5.
- 425.24 g can white hominy
- 411.06 g can Rotel Tomatoes
- 283.49 g can green enchilada sauce
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 9.85 ml cumin
- 5 chicken thighs
- 59.14 ml cilantro
- 3 limes
- 10 radishes
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 7.39 ml red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain hominy, combine hominy, rotel tomatoes, enchilada sauce, diced carrots, diced onion to a 4 quart slow cooker
- Mince garlic, add to cooker, add cumin.
- Remove skin from chicken thighs.
- add to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook 3-4 hours until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender; skim and discard any fat from the surface.
- Remove chicken; pull meat off bones and chop into smaller pieces if needed.
- Stir back into the slow cooker.
- Add chopped cilantro.
- Ladle into soup bowl.
- Serve with lime wedges, thinly sliced radishes in soup, red pepper flakes and a dollop of sour cream, if desired.