1/1 Photo of Chicken Posole (Slow Cooker)
4 hrs 15 mins
From Womans Day and tweaked by me. Love the ease of the recipe and how you can make the garnishes do the flavor enhancement. Great for cold nights.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain hominy, combine hominy, rotel tomatoes, enchilada sauce, diced carrots, diced onion to a 4 quart slow cooker
- 2Mince garlic, add to cooker, add cumin.
- 3Remove skin from chicken thighs.
- 4add to slow cooker.
- 5Cover and cook 3-4 hours until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender; skim and discard any fat from the surface.
- 6Remove chicken; pull meat off bones and chop into smaller pieces if needed.
- 7Stir back into the slow cooker.
- 8Add chopped cilantro.
- 9Ladle into soup bowl.
- 10Serve with lime wedges, thinly sliced radishes in soup, red pepper flakes and a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Inexpensive Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Posole (Slow Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.9
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 74.2 mg
- Sodium 635.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 17.2 g