Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Womans Day and tweaked by me. Love the ease of the recipe and how you can make the garnishes do the flavor enhancement. Great for cold nights.
- Drain hominy, combine hominy, rotel tomatoes, enchilada sauce, diced carrots, diced onion to a 4 quart slow cooker
- Mince garlic, add to cooker, add cumin.
- Remove skin from chicken thighs.
- add to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook 3-4 hours until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender; skim and discard any fat from the surface.
- Remove chicken; pull meat off bones and chop into smaller pieces if needed.
- Stir back into the slow cooker.
- Add chopped cilantro.
- Ladle into soup bowl.
- Serve with lime wedges, thinly sliced radishes in soup, red pepper flakes and a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
Easy to put together and delicious! I was surprised that the recipe had no chicken broth in it, but there was enough liquid from the other ingredients to make a a stew-like consistency. I used a 10 oz. can of Rotel, and 3 chicken thighs and 3 chicken legs. A bit spicy, but just the right amount. This is a keeper! Made for the Dining Daredevils for ZWT5.