Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chicken breasts filled with ham, cheese, and portabellas. Top with soup mixture and you've got an easy elegant meal. Gleaned from BHG.
- 6 chicken breasts (pounded flat)
- 6 slices swiss cheese or 6 slices gruyere cheese
- 3 slices ham, cut in half
- 3 portabella mushrooms, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- On one side of each chicken breast, place cheese slice, ham slice and slices of portabella mushrooms.
- Folf the other side over and seal with toothpicks.
- In a large skillet, on medium high heat, add the olive oil. Brown the breasts on both sides.
- Place breasts in slow cooker and cover with remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or till done.
- For stovetop: Remove breasts from pan and add remaining ingredients. Simmer for a few minutes then put chicken back. Cook 30 mins or so.
Yes, good taste and nice to throw in the crock pot. The portabella mushrooms were big enough, it make it hard to close everything inside the chicken "envelope". I have to admit, it was a little more work than I wanted to go thru - probably won't make it again as I have a similar stove top recipe that is easier.
I had been looking for a recipe for chicken and portabellas. I love the portabellas in anything! I tried this when I saw it in BHG. It's a little effort but well worth it for the taste.