Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 8 (2 ounce) medallions pork tenderloin or 4 chicken cutlets
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered (any kind)
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat until almost smoking. Meanwhile, season the flour with salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken or pork in season flour. Add to pan and saute, turning once, until golden brown on both sides, about 2 min per side. Transfer to platter and keep warm with tented foil.
- Add mushrooms to the pan and saute until they are lightly browned and the juices have evaporated. Add Marsala, bring to boil, reduce by 1/3. Add the cold butter and replace chicken/pork in pan. Bring just to boil, reduce heat, simmer 5-6 minute.
- Stir in thyme and season with salt and pepper, to taste.