1/1 Photo of Chicken Popeyes (Bott Boi)
1 hr 20 mins
I have been looking for a recipe my mom used to make us as kids, for a long time and someone helped me out in the Zaar forums recently and told me the real name of it. This is what I came up with after reviewing many recipes and concocting one of my own. I am thinking the noodles aren't quite what I remember so I will be tweaking them and may repost a 2nd revised recipe later. Since this is a stew it freezes beautifully, and it makes a lot so I serve half of it and freeze the rest for a quick dinner some other time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make the dough first. Mix 2 cups flour with the eggs, salt, and water, then work in enough of the remaining 1/2 cup of flour to make a stiff dough.
- 2Roll out on lightly floured surface as thin as you can get (usually 1/4 inch).
- 3Cut into 1 inch squares, and set aside until needed.
- 4Heat the oil in a deep saute pan and cook chicken breasts until browned on both sides and almost done in the center. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 5While the chicken is cooking dice your carrots and celery, slice the potatoes into 1/4 inch slices, and slice the onion very thin.
- 6After removing the chicken from the pan, add the carrot and celery and saute over med-high heat for 8-10 minutes.
- 7Slice the chicken and add it back to the pan.
- 8Add the poultry seasoning and the 9 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- 9Add the dough pieces one at a time layering with the potatoes and onions, gently pushing down after everything is in so that it is covered with broth.
- 10Bring to a simmer and cover and reduce heat. Simmer about 15 mins stirring gently every 5 mins or so.
- 11Mix the 3 tbsp flour with the 3/4 cup water mashing all the lumps, then stir into the pot. This with slightly thicken the broth to make it more like a stew.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Popeyes (Bott Boi)
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.6
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 104.5 mg
- Sodium 324.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 22.9 g