Recipe by Marlene.
Cooked chicken breasts, drizzled with Bearnaise sauce.. served on a bed of deep fried potatoes , diced ham, mushrooms, onion, garlic and white wine...... I got this off the internet YEARS ago. I've only made it once!! I lost the recipe and it took me forever to find it again! I remember feeling slightly overwhelmed while making this(feeling like I had so much to do at once) but the end result was worth it!! ** I used packaged Bearnaise Sauce** **The only tips I can think of is I would start this recipe by making the Bearnaise sauce so it's done and deep frying the potatoes so they're done. ** Also, as you can see by the picture , smaller pieces of chicken are just fine too!
Top Review by Miss Annie
We thouroughly enjoyed this dish. It is rather labor intesive, but the result was worth it. The flavors were lovely together, and the bernaise sauce was the right choice. I cut this recipe to 4 servings, and it worked well. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. It will definately go into my tried and true cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- water, for poaching
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 4 tablespoons garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups white onions, chopped
- 2 cups green onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiled ham, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups potatoes, diced and deep fried about 2 minutes
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 3 cups bearnaise sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, put in the 2 Tblsp.
- butter, salt, pepper, and add about 1/4" water to the pan.
- Bring this poaching liquid to a boil.
- Add chicken breasts and cover.
- Lower heat and simmer 15 minutes, or until the breasts are done.
- With a slotted spoon remove the breasts and keep warm in a 175* oven.
- Discard poaching liquid.
- In another saucepan or skillet, melt the remaining butter and saute the garlic, onions, ham and mushrooms until they are brown.
- Add the wine and reduce by one-third.
- Add fried potatoes and parsley and cook 2 minutes.
- Remove and keep warm in the oven.
- To assemble the Pontalba, put 1/8 of the potato/ham mixture in the center of the plate.
- Place on each side of the mixture one half of a chicken breast.
- Top each breast with a generous amount of Bearnaise sauce.