Prep 10 mins
Cook 27 mins
Make and share this Chicken Pomodoro(Cook's Country) recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Cook chicken until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to plate.
- 2. Heat remaining oil in empty skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Cook onion until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, oregano, and pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes, cream, and 1/4 teaspoon salt and bring to boil. Return chicken and any accumulated juices to skillet. Simmer, covered, until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- 3. Transfer chicken to platter and tent with foil. Simmer sauce, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Off heat, stir in basil and season with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over chicken. Serve over pasta.