Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not sure where this one came from. I've had this in my collection for many years, have made this many times and wanted to share this with everyone.
- Combine the fontina, tomatoes, parsley,garlic and the basalmic vinegar in a small bowl.
- Pound the chicken breasts to about 1/3 inch thick.
- Put cheese mixture in the middle and roll up securing with a toothpick.
- Heat the oil on medium heat.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper [ I also like to add some Italian seasoned bread crumbs for texture].
- Dredge chicken rolls in flour mixture. Cook chicken for about 15 minute browning evenly.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- When all of the chicken is done add the white wine and then the broth to deglaze the pan for the sauce.
- Cook until it has a nice syrup like consistency.
- Pour over the chicken and serve.
All I can do is quote my hubbie: "This is how chicken is suppose to taste!" I did substitute smoked gouda for the fontina (didn't have any) otherwise it was easy to make and delicious!