Recipe by Droopy Drawers, By Lucy Lastic
This came from an old magazine i found. I know it by heart now, everyone who tries it, loves it! It can easily be doubled to feed more.In Australia Pom Poms are little balls of mashed potato, which have a crispy outer when cooked. They are normally found with the frozen french fries etc
Top Review by Cheri B
Yes I used a little water also, and tater tots to cover and bake. We loved this easy dish, and I started it in an oven proof skillet so clean up was a easy also. Made for PAC Spring 2008
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 600 g chicken thigh fillets, diced
- 420 g condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 head broccoli, cut in to small florets
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 500 g frozen potatoes (pom poms or pommes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add chicken pieces and cook for 3 - 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add soup, broccoli, and parsley to pan, stir well to combine.
- Pour into lasagne or pie dish. Top with enough pom poms to cover the top of the pie. Bake in a moderatley (200c) oven for 25 - 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy, always good with hot chips or wedges!