Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This came from an old magazine i found. I know it by heart now, everyone who tries it, loves it! It can easily be doubled to feed more.In Australia Pom Poms are little balls of mashed potato, which have a crispy outer when cooked. They are normally found with the frozen french fries etc
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add chicken pieces and cook for 3 - 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add soup, broccoli, and parsley to pan, stir well to combine.
- Pour into lasagne or pie dish. Top with enough pom poms to cover the top of the pie. Bake in a moderatley (200c) oven for 25 - 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy, always good with hot chips or wedges!
Yes I used a little water also, and tater tots to cover and bake. We loved this easy dish, and I started it in an oven proof skillet so clean up was a easy also. Made for PAC Spring 2008
I only had 300g of pom poms because it was the only box left in the store, but it still covered the whole pie. Very tasty!
I made this recipe as directed....although I am not sure what you meant by frozen potatoes. I used frozen potato puffs, actually "Ore-Ida Tater Tots". The description of poms poms stirred me in that direction. I did add a little milk to the cream of chicken soup to thin it slightly....almost 1/2 can. I used frozen broccoli, and heated everything but the potatoes together, before pouring into my casserole dish. It was well recieved by my daughter and her children at supper. Thanks for posting such a quick and easy recipe, we will be sure to make this again.