Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
An easy baked chicken dish that can be modified all sorts of ways! I made this for dinner last night and liked it so much I wrote it down for later use.
- 1 lb prepared polenta
- 3 -4 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (you can used the 98% fat free version, I used regular)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 5 -6 ounces canned mushrooms (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- shredded four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- poultry seasoning (to taste)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice polenta into 1/2 inch thick slices and line the bottom of your casserole dish/pyrex dish with the slices. Set aside.
- Cut excess fat off of the chicken and coat with chicken seasoning.
- Place the chicken on top of the polenta slices.
- Pour the canned corn over the chicken and spread evenly in the dish.
- Add mushrooms or other veggies (broccoli florets or peas may be interesting) and spread evenly.
- Pour the cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup into a large bowl and add water as directed on the can. Mix and pour over the chicken, add the half and half.
- Add some garlic powder on top of the mixture, as well as the salt & pepper and paprika for some color and a little bit of kick.
- Put the dish in the oven and set your timer for 45 minutes.
- Once the 45 minutes has elapsed, pull the dish out of the oven (be careful, it's hot and liquidy).
- Grab several handfuls of cheese and sprinkle over the chicken.
- Return the dish to the oven for another 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
I used brocoli cheddar soup instead of mushroom - and no mushrooms (don't care for them). I also didn't use the half and half. Was very yummy! Chicken was moist and cheesy!