Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is for only two people, adjust accordingly. Serve with spaghetti tossed in olive oil and garlic.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- saute spinach in 1tsp olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat until wilted.
- transfer to plate, blot dry.
- pound chicken to 1/4" thick.
- layer a slice of tomato, cheese slice and 1/2 the spinach on 1 side of each chicken breast.
- fold other side of each breast over fillings to enclose. secure with toothpicks.
- saute chicken in 1tbsp oil, in the same skillet used for spinach, over medium high heat until browned. About 4 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and saute about 2 minutes.
- Transfer pan to oven. Roast until chicken is cooked and cheese is melted, about 8 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan. return pan to burner over high heat.
- deglaze pan with vinegar, reduce by half. Drizzle sauce over chiken.