Recipe by pines506
I came up with this when I completely messed up on buying the ingredients needed to make Delicious Chicken Poblano #98285. Rather than review with a bunch of changes, I am posting it as new. It was very good, my family of 4 polished off the whole thing. Served with taco toppings and spanish rice it was great. My kids put theirs over Fritos.
- olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) canswanson chicken, plus
- 1 (5 ounce) canswanson chicken
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces half-and-half
- 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cumin, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Saute onion, garlic and peppers in olive oil until soft.
- Pour all into food processor or blender and blend with half n half and sour cream and seasonings.
- Mix pepper mix with chicken and 1 cup cheese and pour into greased casserole dish.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes covered, then uncover and bake another 10-15 minutes until golden and bubbly on top.