Recipe by GoldsmithLissa
From "Wine Lover's Healthy Weight-Loss Plan" Recommended Wine Pairing: Pinot Noir or Sauv Blanc Sub options: raisins instead of currants; hazelnuts instead of walnuts
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 large sprigs fresh rosemary
- 473.18 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 78.07 ml balsamic vinegar
- 29.58 ml orange zest, finely minced
- 118.29 ml currants, rinsed and well drained, as garnish
- 236.59 ml coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted, as garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts in a single layer in a glass baking dish. Place a rosemary sprig under each breast. Pour orange juice over the chicken. Cover and cook for about 12 mins, or until thermometer registers 165°F Be careful not to overcook. When done, arrange on serving platter, discarding rosemary.
- Whisk the balsamic vinegar and orange zest into the cooking juices and adjust seasoning. Pour the sauce over chicken. Garnish with currants and walnuts.