Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
From "Wine Lover's Healthy Weight-Loss Plan" Recommended Wine Pairing: Pinot Noir or Sauv Blanc Sub options: raisins instead of currants; hazelnuts instead of walnuts
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 large sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup currants, rinsed and well drained, as garnish
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted, as garnish
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts in a single layer in a glass baking dish. Place a rosemary sprig under each breast. Pour orange juice over the chicken. Cover and cook for about 12 mins, or until thermometer registers 165°F Be careful not to overcook. When done, arrange on serving platter, discarding rosemary.
- Whisk the balsamic vinegar and orange zest into the cooking juices and adjust seasoning. Pour the sauce over chicken. Garnish with currants and walnuts.