Karen in MA's Note:
From Every Day with Rachael Ray June-July 2008 prep time does not include marinating
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, quartered
- 8 plums, quartered lengthwise (about 2 pounds)
- 1 red onion, quartered lengthwise and halved crosswise
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) box plain instant couscous
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1In a medium bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, jam, vinegar and soy sauce.
- 2Add the chicken and toss to coat; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- 3Transfer the marinated chicken to a bowl. Pour the marinade into a small saucepan, boil for 2 minutes, then let cool.
- 4Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium.
- 5Thread the chicken, plums and onion onto 8 skewers.
- 6Grill the kebabs, turning occasionally and basting frequently with the marinade during the first 6 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil.
- 8Stir in the olive oil and then the couscous, cover, remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 9Fluff the couscous with a fork, add the almonds and toss. Serve the couscous alongside the kebabs.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Plum and Red Onion Kebabs
Serving Size: 1 (473 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 927.4
- Calories from Fat 378
- Total Fat 42.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 141.6 mg
- Sodium 542.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 24.5 g
- Protein 46.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar