Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great looking chicken. Looks like you fussed but you didn't. Good with bread and a salad.
- 1⁄2 cup lean ham, diced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, flattened
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Put breasts on the baking sheet.
- Spread each with 1 tbsp tomato paste.
- Combine ham, mushrooms, red pepper, tomato, garlic, onion and basil.
- Spoon mixture over breasts.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked and cheese is golden.
We really enjoyed this dish. I used the ham and fresh basil from the garden. I liked the ham but I want to try it again with the pepperoni. Rich and tasty! Thanks.
This was so good and so much more flavorful than I ever imagined! I don't usually like chicken recipes because it always tastes like a tastey dish with flavorless chicken added. I think the pounding of the chicken helped it absorb the flavors. I used 28 slices of pepperoni and 10 chicken tenderloins instead of the ham and chicken breasts. This made 5 servings, 309 calories each. Ate this with half of a plate of salad. yum!!
This was wonderful, I have made this a couple times now and it has been a hit BOTH times! Even the kids like it, which is no small feat. I made it just exactly as suggested. Great, really Thanks.