Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from TYSON CHICKEN. It is delicious, healthy and loaded with fresh vegetables. I added some chopped green onions to mine too and it was delicious. This one is a keeper!
- 4 fresh boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 medium red bell peppers or 2 medium yellow bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat.
- Saute' bell peppers 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Add mushrooms, garlic and remaining salt and pepper; cook 3 minutes, or until mushrooms soften.
- Add crushed tomatoes; cook on medium-low heat 5 minutes, or until peppers are soft.
- Transfer vegetables to bowl; keep warm.
- Wipe skillet clean; heat remaining oil to medium high.
- Cook chicken, turning once, 10 to 12 minutes or until internal juices of chicken run clear.
- Serve with your favorite pasta, if desired.
- Spoon vegetables over pasta and place chicken on top.
- Sprinkle generously with Parmesan.
- Refrigerate leftovers.