Recipe by Chef Jenny #4
I got this recipe off of Runner's World while looking for a healthy chicken recipe and it was excellent. The peppers and potatoes make a nice touch.
Top Review by Adot
Really simple and delicious! I use veg stock instead (because I'm a student and that's all I had!) and it turned out brilliantly! Def a meal I will have more often! Potatoes are an excellent touch to the meal!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 potatoes, peeled, and cut into 8 pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, cored, seeded, and sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Season the chicken on both sides with the salt and pepper. Saute the breasts until browned on both sides.
- Transfer the chicken to a large plate, and cover. Add the potatoes, onion, peppers, oregano, and pepper flakes to the skillet. Saute for 10 to 15 minutes, until just tender. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, and broth. Bring it to a boil, and remove from the heat. Add the chicken breasts to the skillet, cover tightly, and place in the oven. Bake for 45 minutes, and serve.