Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe off of Runner's World while looking for a healthy chicken recipe and it was excellent. The peppers and potatoes make a nice touch.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 potatoes, peeled, and cut into 8 pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, cored, seeded, and sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Season the chicken on both sides with the salt and pepper. Saute the breasts until browned on both sides.
- Transfer the chicken to a large plate, and cover. Add the potatoes, onion, peppers, oregano, and pepper flakes to the skillet. Saute for 10 to 15 minutes, until just tender. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, and broth. Bring it to a boil, and remove from the heat. Add the chicken breasts to the skillet, cover tightly, and place in the oven. Bake for 45 minutes, and serve.