Recipe by Brenda.
Chicken breasts topped with mozzarella and sauce, served over spaghetti-Comfort Food!
Top Review by Carout725
Delicious and easy! I wound up not putting the mushrooms in, and I used Good Seasons italian seasoning instead of typical italian seasoning. I also made it over rice instead of pasta. Wonderful recipe!
PS: The leftovers are unbelievably good on a toasted english muffin the next day!
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 14 ounces tomato sauce or 14 ounces pizza sauce
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked keep warm
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine flour, Italian seasoning and salt.
- Coat chicken in flour mixture.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken; cook, turning once, until browned, 3-5 minutes per side.
- Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring often, until softened, for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, wine and parsley and tomato sauce.
- Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken with cheese.
- Cover and cook until cheese is melted, for 3 minutes.
- Top spaghetti with chicken and sauce.