Recipe by Chef Carole in South Florida
I got this recipie from Woman's World Magazine. Saucy chicken breasts, topped with shredded mozzarella and served over spaghetti.
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 3 ounces mushrooms, sliced, 1 cup
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, 3 oz
- additional parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Transfer to serving platter.
- Meanwhile, in bowl, combine flour, Italian seasoning and salt. Coat chicken in flour mixture.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook, turning once until browned, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring often, until softened, 3-5 minutes.
- Add sauce, mushrooms, wine and parsley. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer until cooked through, 15 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle chicken with cheese. Cover; cook until cheese is melted, 3 minutes. Top spaghetti with chicken and sauce, if desired.