This recipe comes from the local newspaper. The combination of flavors on this pizza is like a party in your mouth with every bite!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large red onion, quartered & sliced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 prepared pizza crust
- 7 ounces feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh fresh parsley
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- Heat oil in a large skilet over medium heat.
- Add onions and stir- cook until transparent.
- Stir in brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, garlic, oregano & basil.
- Continue to stir- cook until liquid has evaporated (about 10 minutes) and onions are caramelized.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Preheat oven at 400°F.
- Spread onions over pizza crust.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and spread over onions.
- Sprinkle with feta, parsley& chopped tomatoes.
- Bake for 10-15 mintues or until crust is brown and crisp.