Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe mixed in with my weekend coupons, waiting to be cut out and used. It was a Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest Finalist in 2004, made by Janet Burns. Janet, wherever you are, thanks for the fantastic pizza!
- 1 store bought pizza dough
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons asiago cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons light ranch salad dressing
- 6 ounces chicken breasts (the original recipe used 6 oz. pre-cooked Italian style chicken breast strips, chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup Baby Spinach, torn
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian cheese blend, shredded (6 oz.)
- 1 teaspoon pizza seasoning (I use oregano)
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Spray some cooking spray on 12-inch pizza pan. Roll dough out onto pan. Lightly spray dough with more cooking spray. Sprinkle Asiago cheese and garlic salt over dough.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown in color. Spread ranch dressing onto cooked crust. Sprinkle with the chicken, bell pepper, onion, and spinach.
- Sprinkle with Italian cheese and pizza seasoning, and bake an additional 9 to 12 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly. Cut into wedges to serve.
This had really good flavor and was really easy to whip up. The only changes I made were, left out the spinach as dh doesn't care for cooked spinach and I used fresh oregano. It did taste like it was missing something I just can't put my finger on it.