Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My kids wanted pizza AGAIN! But my hips don't like pizza anymore.....or maybe they like it too much! I noticed that the pepperoni I bought was only 13 calories per slice (Only?) so I decided to make a lower fat pizza/pasta dish using chicken breast. It was really good! It has 550 calories, but remember that a slice of pizza can be around 400 calories! For One piece! YIKES! Add a nice green salad with low fat dressing and you have a whole meal under 600 calories. Reduce the chicken to 3 oz, and the pepperoni to turkey pepperoni & you could save much more fat and calories.
- 4 ounces chicken breasts, 1 frozen fillet
- 2 slices pepperoni, minced
- 3 black olives, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup pineapple chunk, diced
- 1⁄3 cup pizza sauce
- 2 ounces whole wheat penne, wholegrain Hodgeson's Mill, Good
- Nuke frozen chicken in microwave however you usually do it. I leave mine in it's plastic wrapper for 4 minutes.
- Boil Penne to your degree of oneness, drain and return to pot.
- Dice chicken and add to Penne -Set aside.
- Heat pizza sauce on stove, adding minced pepperoni, chopped olive and chopped pineapple.
- When chicken and pasta are both done, add to the heated sauce.
- Top with Parmesan or feta cheese (optional and not included in calorie count).