Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From TOH-Quick Cooking. A fast, easy, and yummy grilled dinner.
Top Review by juniperwoman
Wow! Fantastic! I had to make some changes, but this was still extraordinary. Let me try to remember the changes: (1) I baked it in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes, (2) kept the chicken breasts whole, putting them (seasoned) at the bottom of the packet and then dumped the mixed veggies on top and with drizzled olive oil, (3) made with WAY more veggies and herbs and spices, and (4) left out the pepperoni. Everything was so juicy that I literally had to drain the contents of the packets before serving, so we added the cheese on the plated food rather than into the packets. Fantastic!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 16 pepperoni slices
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big mixing bowl, add the chicken pieces, olive oil, zucchini, pepperoni, green pepper, onion,garlic, oregano, basil, and salt and pepper; toss to combine.
- Coat 4 (12-inch square) pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place one-fourth of the chicken mixture onto the center of each piece of foil.
- Fold foil around chicken mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot coals for 15-20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Open each packet (carefully) and sprinkle with tomatoes and cheeses; seal loosely.
- Grill 2 minutes more or until cheese melts.