Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
A mix of my two favorite California pizza kitchen pizzas!
- 1 prepared pizza crust (I use a large Boboli)
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 limes
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, separated
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves, julienned wide
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, julienned wide
- 3 red potatoes, cooked and sliced thin (1/8 inch thinkness)
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup gorgonzola, grated
- Slice raw chicken breasts to 1/8 inch thinkness
- The breasts may be cut in to cubes if preferred
- Marinate chicken in the juice of two limes, wine, pepper and garlic for at least 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F Oil 9x9 pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place marinated chicken (and marinade) in oiled pan
- Bake 30 minutes or until done
- Turn oven temperature up to 400°F
- Brush pizza crust with remaining olive oil
- Sprinkle spinach then basil over the crust
- Arrange chicken and potatoes over greens
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle cheese over chicken
- Place pizza in the oven, either on a stone or directly on the oven rack
- Bake 15 minutes or until the cheese bubbles and begins to brown
- Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes to allow the cheese to set
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!
I thought this has to be one of the weirdest Pizzzas I have ever heard of - However when I noticed that the chef said "I use Bobolini crust" I knew this recipe must be good because he/she knows a great crust so feeling adventuresome I tried it -SUPER healthy pizza looks great, clear instructions and a taste treat worth doing again. However for me I did add some Denzil's Hot sauce just before serving - I can't fault the recipe - I like hot. Very creative, great tasting recipe Thanks PS I only made a half just in case it really was weird Ho Ho wish I had made the whole thing!
This was surprisingly good! When I read the recipe, I thought potatoes on pizza? But I’ll try almost anything once. :-) I used Easy Peazzy Pizza dough and made a large crust for this recipe. I thought the chicken was well flavored & was surprised at how much the potatoes added. I also crumbled some bacon & sprinkled on top before baking. The only thing I thought was lacking was some sort of sauce. I thought a thin layer of alfredo would complete this excellent pizza while DH thought a ranch type sauce would be a great addition. This was a very attractive pizza & one I will make again with the addition of the sauce. Good use of RSC #6 ingredients!