Recipe by jenpalombi
Slightly adapted from a Cooking Light Magazine recipe. I love this chicken mixture. It's very refreshing. I like to make a full recipe, put it in the fridge and have it for lunch each day.
Top Review by Irmantrude
I had this for lunch today and was very skeptical, but you are right it was very refreshing, yummy, and healthy. It filled me up too. I just used leftover baked chicken. Thanks for all of your wonderful recipes.
- 3 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded (from a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup cucumber, cubed seeded peeled
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 (6 inch) pita bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl, tossing to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add cumin and garlic; cook 1 minute or until toasted, stirring frequently.
- Pour cumin mixture over chicken mixture; toss well to combine.
- Stuff each pita with about 2/3 cup chicken salad and serve. I often use half of a larger pita.