1/2 Photos of Chicken Pita Burger
This is a very satisfying lunch. The recipe is from a Chatelaine Magazine with several adaptations by me. If you are making these for kids buy the small pitas and just put one burger in each
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small tomato, cut in half, seeds squeezed out and finely chopped (not pureed)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded, membranes removed, finely minced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chicken or 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon curry
- 1/4 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs (optional)
- 3 large whole wheat pita bread
- 1Heat oven to 400°F.
- 2In a large bowl mix the chicken with, yogurt, fresh coriander,ginger, curry, salt, dry coriander, cumin and cayenne. Use your hand to really mix spices, yogurt and chicken together.
- 3Sprinkle with tomato, jalapeno, and onions.
- 4Mix until everything is evenly blended.
- 5If the mixture is so wet that it clings to your hands stir in some bread crumbs Form the mixture into patties approx 2 1/2" by 1/2" thick.
- 6Spray a baking sheet with veggie oil.
- 7Place patties on the baking sheet single layer and bake in 400°F oven for approx 8 minutes. Turn patties over and bake for another 8 minutes or until they are cooked. Slice the pitas in half, wrap in foil and warm in the oven during the last few minutes that the patties are baking. Place 2 patties in each pita and top with your favorites (I love chopped sweet onion, lettuce, tomatoes, feta cheese and sliced olives).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pita Burger
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.2
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 97.7 mg
- Sodium 248.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 23.8 g