Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Bored with the same ol', same ol' packed lunches? Me too. Here's a sandwich that's a little bit different. I mix up the filling the night before and take it to work in a container, then make the sandwich fresh. Australian measurements used.
- 1 cooked chicken breast
- 1 celery rib, finely sliced
- 118.29 ml pistachios, shelled and chopped
- 118.29 ml chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 29.58 ml lime mayonnaise (I use Lime (Or Lemon) Mayonnaise)
- 4 slice bread (white or wholemeal)
- butter (optional) or margarine (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cut chicken into small pieces.
- Combine celery, pistachios, coriander and lime mayo in a small bowl. Add the chicken and stir through until well coated with the mayo.
- If using, lightly butter the bread. Spread chicken mixture onto 2 slices of bread, season with salt & pepper, then top with remaining bread slices.
Very delicious! A great alternative when using up left over fried chicken. Even DH asked for another helping. It's hardly any fat since there's not much mayo and the combination of all were really great. Thanks for sharing this, Mischka. I have extra fillings left and will look forward to eating the rest again.
This chicken spread is GREAT TASTING & easy to prepare! Since I like pistachios I enjoyed their inclusion here, both the taste & the crunch! Definitely a keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed as a recipenapped tag in the Aus/NZ Special Recipe Swap #19]