Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple, unusual, and tasty! You can make these into balls, as an appetizer, or into patties as part of a meal. As a main course, it can serve 2. This a tried-and-true recipe, for all it sounds somewhat unusal. I really like this dish. Very yummy!
- 1⁄2 lb ground chicken or 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄3 cup pistachio nut, chopped
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon, zest of, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 dashes pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- pepper, to taste
- Mix the chicken, nuts, breadcrumbs, lemon zest, coriander, mint, salt and pepper, and egg in a mixing bowl.
- Form the mixture into balls or patties and dredge in flour to lightly coat.
- Heat oil in large frypan and gently cook the chicken balls/patties, turning carefully, until golden.
- (For appetizers: serve on a plate with toothpicks.) For the sauce: Mix together the yogurt, chutney, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste; serve on the side as a dipper.
- You can also make a sauce with the yogurt, 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serves 2 as a main course; a nice rice salad or pilaf is a good accompaniment.
My husband made these for dinner tonight - yum! The yogurt-chutney sauce with them was perfect. :)
I LOVE these! The crunch of the pistachio,flavours of mint and lemon...a real winner!
These are easy to make and a very nice change of pace from regular meatballs. We've had them both as a main dish and as appetizers. Well received! The dipping sauce is good.