One of the chefs in a local Italian Ristorante developed this recipe for his customers and it is "died and gone to heaven" delicious. It can easily be doubled for more than two. It has all my favorite foods in it and can be served with a green salad and choice wine to make you and your guests want it again and again!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 -10 ounce) chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 ounce brandy
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon shallot
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach
- 3 -4 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 3 -4 ounces fontina or 3 -4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- 1Dust chicken breast(s) in flour, then dip in egg, followed by a coating of breadcrumbs.
- 2Pan fry lightly on medium/high heat with olive oil and butter for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown.
- 3Stir in garlic, shallots, brandy, spinach, mushrooms, heavy cream, salt and pepper; simmer to reduce for 5 minutes.
- 4Add gorgonzola, then turn off heat.
- 5Place chicken breast(s) in heat-resistant dish and pour sauce over the chicken.
- 6Top with fontina or mozzarella and bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden.
- 7Serve with steamed asparagus.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pinocchio
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2472.0
- Calories from Fat 1729
- Total Fat 192.1 g
- Saturated Fat 104.4 g
- Cholesterol 851.5 mg
- Sodium 2819.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 107.9 g