Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
One of the chefs in a local Italian Ristorante developed this recipe for his customers and it is "died and gone to heaven" delicious. It can easily be doubled for more than two. It has all my favorite foods in it and can be served with a green salad and choice wine to make you and your guests want it again and again!
- 1 (8 -10 ounce) chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 whole egg
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 ounce brandy
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon shallot
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh spinach
- 3 -4 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 3 -4 ounces fontina or 3 -4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- Dust chicken breast(s) in flour, then dip in egg, followed by a coating of breadcrumbs.
- Pan fry lightly on medium/high heat with olive oil and butter for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Stir in garlic, shallots, brandy, spinach, mushrooms, heavy cream, salt and pepper; simmer to reduce for 5 minutes.
- Add gorgonzola, then turn off heat.
- Place chicken breast(s) in heat-resistant dish and pour sauce over the chicken.
- Top with fontina or mozzarella and bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden.
- Serve with steamed asparagus.
OMG! This is the BEST chicken recipe!! It's not low in fat but YES I died and went to heaven. I didn't have gorganzola so I used Blue Cheese, also I tripled the recipe and put it over pasta. I will make it at my next dinner party, people will love it!