Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
A colorful, delicious stir-fry that will have you out of the kitchen in a hurry.
Make and share this Chicken Pineapple Stir- Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2 inch strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen stir fry vegetables
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained, reserve 1/4 cup juice
- hot cooked rice
- Mix first 7 ingredients with reserved 1/4 cup pineapple juice in small bowl.
- In large skillet, stir-fry chicken in hot oil 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables, stir-fry 4 more minutes.
- Stir in pineapple and sauce, heat through.
- Serve over rice.
When I say to my family "Another new recipe!" they are very apprehensive and uneasy until they actually take that first bite. However, this combination of home made sauce and vegetables burst forth a gusto flavor they loved. I reluctantly doubled the sauce so it would soak into the rice below and I was so glad I did. The strange combination of ingredients, with "2" tablespoons of minced garlic, I just couldn't see how it could taste good. But wait, it was REALLY, REALLY gratifying! Now I am concerned that they enjoyed it so much they will not want to go back to package kind! Thank you for sharing this recipe; the pineapple was an awsome addition!
This is so easy and sinfully delicious. I used low sodium soy sauce, and also used 2 fresh green and red peppers, cut into 1 inch square in place of the frozen stir-fry vegetables (personal choice). Excellent. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
I used veg broth to cook the rice in and kept out just enough to saute the chicken in instead of oil. And used lite soy sauce. Very good and quick and easy to fix. My family loved it!