Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Great presentation, nice and light summer meal.
- 250 g cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soft breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots or 1 tablespoon onion
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 large egg
- 4 slices pineapple, cored if possible
- 30 g butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- rice, to serve
- Combine chicken, breadcrumbs, lemon rind, onion and seasoning, and egg.
- Form into four small patties.
- Arrange a patty on top of each pineapple slice and place in a greased baking tin.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, add sugar and pineapple juice, blend well and pour over patties.
- Bake at 180degC for 35- 40 minutes.
- Baste well with syrup.
- Serve on a bed of rice tossed with chopped parsley.
I don't usually care for these hawaiian style fruit-n-flesh combos, but this is good. Thanks.