Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was the first meal Andrew made for me, when we first starting going out years ago. Must have been good! I like it with lots of sauce so I use two cans of soup but Andrew says the original recipe only called for one can of soup so please adjust to your taste.
- 2 cups chopped skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup chinese noodles
- 2 (300 g) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (400 g) can pineapple chunks (juice and all)
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- Brown the chicken in a frying pan.
- Combine all ingredients, except for 1/2 cup oriental noodles, in a casserole dish.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes at 350F, adding the reserved noodles on top in the last few minutes of cooking.
Oriental noodles, by the way, are also known (I think) as chow mein noodles...at home they are dry, crunchy noodles and usually come in a can or bag in the Chinese section. But, if you can't find those, I have mixed dried egg noodles in with this recipe and it's worked well as a substitute.
Good and Easy! My husband ate a second portion! I used already cooked chicken (only cooked for 30 min to warm) and 1 can of soup (lowfat cream of celery). The sauce was thick enough- 2 cans would be too much for my taste. Next time I will leave the noodles out of the casserole mixture and just put them on top. They were too soggy inside for me. Thanks for a great recipe.
Disappointed, my husband and I thought it was quite bland. I only had reduced salt Soy Sauce so maybe that was the problem.