Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 6 cups vegetable oil (or as needed)
- 4 large tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup yellow squash, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup cooking sherry
- 1 cup lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 4 cups tossed salad greens
- 1 lime, sliced
- 4 sprigs cilantro
- In a deep fryer or a heavy pan, place the vegetable oil and heat it on high until it reaches 375 degrees.
- One at a time, place a tortilla in the oil and push it to the bottom of the pan with a ladle so that it forms a bowl shape.
- Hold the tortilla there until it is lightly browned and crisp.
- Remove the tortilla and drain it on paper towels.
- Repeat the process for the remaining three tortillas.
- In a large skillet place the olive oil and heat it on medium high until it is hot.
- Add the chicken, snow peas, carrots, yellow squash, zucchini, bell peppers, mushrooms, and scallions.
- Saute the vegetables for 3 to 5 minutes, or until thaty are slightly tender and hot through the center.
- Add the cilantro and pinon nuts, and toss the mixture.
- Add the sherry and lime juice.
- Toss everthing together well.
- Remove skillet from the heat.
- On four individual serving plates arrange the salad greens.
- Place a tortilla shell in the center.
- Fill the shells with the chicken and vegetable stir-fry.
- Garnish the salad with the lime slices and sprigs of cilantro.